Facebook debuted a new app & website just for creators
This week in social media we review: Snapchat targeting, Twitter’s verification badges, People’s Sexiest Man, & more!
- Facebook added a new metric to their Insights: Highlighted Shares. The new metric offers more insight into where users are watching brands’ video content.
- A brand new app and website was added to the Facebook family, designed specifically for creators.
- U.S. politics weren’t the only thing Russia was messing with on Facebook. Turns out they tried to meddle into the Brexit debate as well…
- Now you can save posts and watch Instagram stories on the platform’s mobile website.
- Snapchat is giving their social strategy a complete makeover…
- …and just rolled out audience-based targeting for filters.
- The platform announced this week that they would be reviewing accounts with the Verification badge and removing them from any accounts that go against their guidelines. First up to lose the badge: white supremacists.
- Pinterest introduced new technology on its platform this week, their take on QR codes.
- Financial corporations are implementing a new C-suite role, Chief Customer Officer, proving that customer service and experience has become a major priority and focus.
- There’s been quite a bit of outrage at the choice for People’s 2017 Sexiest Man Alive. #JusticeForIdrisElba
- Larry David couldn’t stop laughing at the mean tweets about Jimmy Kimmel.
Have a great weekend!