Facebook Is Testing A Separate Feed For Publishers
This week in social media we review: Web-based VR, KFC on Twitter, new Instagram features, & more!
- Facebook is trying out a new spin on the news feed with the Explore Feed. But is it all it’s being cracked up to be?
- In an even more drastic test, Facebook is trying out two separate feeds overseas: one for friends and family, and one for publishers.
- Two new tools are helping Facebook advertisers design ads for specific environments.
- Now you can turn your Instagram Live video sessions into a party by inviting your friends to go live with you.
- Instagram has also added a new video feature called Superzoom.
- Snapchat ad spend has increased 73% this year, nearly 20% more than Instagram has seen.
- A “random” Twitter user discovered that KFC follows 11 Herbs and Spices on Twitter. I have reason to believe that that Twitter user wasn’t random at all…
- The platform also banned Russia Today and Sputnik from its advertising platform.
AR, VR, & AI
- Web-based VR is coming to the Facebook newsfeed.
- Chase debuted a new app this week that targets millennials and how they prefer to do their banking. The platform takes a few notes from social media, incorporating the users emotions into the mobile banking process.
- Snap’s founder and CEO says the key to reaching millennials isn’t through social media. It’s through mobile messaging platforms…
Have a great weekend!