Is Snapchat the new Google?
This week in social media we review: Russian-linked Facebook ads, Oculus Go, experiential marketing, & more!
- The Russian-linked Facebook ads are in the works to be released publicly.
- Are we witnessing the downfall of Mark Zuckerberg? It seems that the media mogul has been under scrutiny quite a bit lately, most recently with an extremely tone deaf virtual reality tour of a hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico.
- Sneaky, sneaky. Facebook’s Workplace app, a direct competitor to Slack, debuted its beta-version this week.
- Sneaker brand AllBirds uses their Instagram audience as a focus group for both consumer feedback and product improvements.
- Snapchat got a new feature this week, Context Cards, and it’s very reminiscent of Google’s platform…
- Instagram might beat Snapchat at their own game with every update they release, but teens still prefer Snapchat as their favorite social platform.
- Want to know when it’s Trump tweeting from @realDonaldTrump? He’s got a few tells…
- The platform is also getting a bookmark feature!
AR, VR, & AI
- Snapchat sees its AR technology as the piece that sets them apart from other social platforms.
- Fashion and beauty brands are using AI technology to create customized recommendations for consumers on their mobile sites.
- Facebook debuted their new VR headset, Oculus Go, this week as the most “accessible VR headset yet.”
- This infographic shows that CPG brands on Facebook get more engagement from link posts than video.
- The recent move for financial services companies is to dip their toe in experiential marketing. Chase is diving in, head first. As new sponsors of the Golden State Warriors, new opportunities to get consumer data will arise, as they beef up their Chase Pay program.
- “Homeboy’s gonna like… get it.” #Dope #Fresh #I’mStillCringing
- First, Eminem spit some anti-Trump fire. Then, he came back and went after Apple. ;)
- Not only did Lindsay Lohan defend Harvey Weinstein’s disgusting behavior this week, she did so in a weird, fake accent.
- Excuse the footprints on the ceiling.
Want to see how we herded cats for one of our CPG clients, Grupo Bimbo? Yeah, you read that right. Read here to find out more.
Have a great weekend!