Paid content on Facebook is here
This week in social media we review: Twitter crackdowns, scripted Snapchat content, AR marketing, & more!
- Smell that, LinkedIn? It’s Facebook encroaching on your territory again. The platform is testing out a resume feature.
- On that note, it seems like Facebook will slowly provide all the best features of every social platform. A new feature, called Sets, takes a page from Pinterest boards.
- Paid content from publishers on Facebook is beginning to roll out, starting on mobile.
- Scripted shows are coming Snapchat’s way, courtesy of NBCUniversal.
- Twitter, the DMV of the Internet, is releasing updates in the coming weeks to hopefully drain the swamp of hypocrisy, trolling, and downright treachery it has created for itself.
- Savage marketing just became a thing.
AR, VR, & AI
- We’ve been saying this for awhile, but AR is looking more and more like the future of brand marketing. Patron debuted a new AR app built with Apple’s AR Kit that brings the user to a “miniature hacienda… complete with a virtual bartender and a tiny agave field.” See how the brand is planning to use this technology to boost their sales…
- AI technology is being used by financial advisers to generate leads.
- Publishers are continuing to invest in VR, despite the limited opportunities to sell ads.
- According to Facebook and Instagram data, consumers are redefining “snacks.” This could mean big things for the CPG industry.
- The hashtag #MeToo is being used across social media for women to share their experiences with sexual harassment and assault.
- How old does this make you feel?
- Will the real Melania Trump please stand up?
Check out our case studies, like how we rekindled a love affair between Prince pasta and Boston!