Those Russian-Linked Facebook Ads Have Been Released
This week in social media we review: Amazon’s new AR feature, Snapchat ad tracking, a dancing cheeseburger, & more!
- Facebook ads, political and otherwise, will become a lot more transparent, according to a plan announced by the platform this week.
- Representatives from Facebook, Google, and Twitter were questioned this week at 3 days of Senatorial hearings. The companies were scrutinized for sending their legal counsel instead of their CEOs. The ads reached a total of 126 million users, a number far higher than the platforms initially claimed.
- Instagram is now promoting Stories within the feed, even offering a preview of the content.
- First they hit us with the dancing hot dog. Now we’ve got a dancing cheeseburger.
- A Snapchat pixel has arrived, and with it the ability to make ads a lot more trackable.
- Senators at this week’s hearings weren’t buying Twitter’s bot count.
- A Twitter employee deactivated Donald Trump’s Twitter account on their last day of working for the social network.The account was down for 11 minutes, which led to much confusion.
AR, VR, & AI
- Similar to Ikea’s AR app, Amazon released a new AR feature to help visualize items in users’ homes.
- AI is changing the game in the world of student loan payments.
- The ever popular food videos that seem to get a million hits on Facebook are coming to a screeching halt. Perhaps you can have too much of a good thing?
- Want to see those Russian-linked Facebook ads? Warning: they are infuriating, and I only made it to the first four.
- While issuing an apology for allegedly sexually assaulting a 14 year old Anthony Rapp, Kevin Spacey also came out as a gay man, in a statement that was clearly crafted meticulously by a PR team. Netflix announced the next season of House of Cards will be the final season, and has suspended production this week to look closer into these allegations.
- Wendy Williams fainted on live television this week. Savage Twitter responded. (Who’s joining me in hell for finding these funny? #WendyWilliamsChallenge)
- iPhones are pervs.
Follow us for more tech and social articles. Have a great weekend!